There are three ways that you may conduct a search of the nearly 3,000 cartoons in the archive:
- In a Quick Search, you conduct a keyword search based on one of the following four variables: Caption, Content, Participants and Setting.
- A Power Search allows you to conduct a keyword search based on one to all four of the above variables - plus publication year(s).
- Search by Date focuses in on a specific date.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You might want to begin with a "Quick Search" and then refine your search via a "Power Search".
- The search is conducted based on the whole word you enter, unless you select "partial match" in Power Search.
- The characters of Frank and Ernest are likely to be classified based on the role they are playing - as opposed to simply listing them as "Frank and Ernest". For example, when they are in a doctor's office they are "patients". In the bank, they are likely to be "loan applicants".
- You can move back and forth between the three search modes without having to return to this page.